Updated: Jun 19, 2019
/.Many a person has been hitched at Blawenburg Church…and many a horse, too! This old pipe in the side yard is still there today as a reminder of the days when horses and buggies wansportation. The last sheds were removed in 1959 to make way for Cook Hall, the building behind the church.ere the main source of travel along Georgetown-Franklin Turnpike. There were sheds on the church property for many years to accommodate parishioners (and their horses and buggies) in bad weather, but they were removed over time as cars became the predominate mode of travel.